Watercolor Transfer Printing


My process for creating this print was a simple watercolor transfer. I created a simple watercolor design on a heavy weight piece of paper. I printed off my design and used mod podge to glue the design face down on the watercolored paper. After it dried I rubbed off the paper using my fingers and water leaving the ink transferred to the paper. Once of paper fuzz was removed a final gloss was added and I was done.

Overall Im happy with how this print turned out. I feel that my color combinations worked well and although the image's edge was not perfectly transferred it looks somewhat natural against the rough freeform watercolor design.

If I did this again I would probably use more mod podge and be more careful when rubbing away the paper with the water.


Comments

Popular Posts